March 21, 2017

March Card Kit Countdown | Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the My Favorite Things March card kit countdown. The new Doodled Blooms card kit has an awesome floral stamp set (with a coordinating die set), a sentiment stamp set and a fun new addition to the card kits... envelopes!

For today's card, I wanted to go bright and bold with the flowers the focus of the card.


To create all of the colourful flowers, I added Distress Inks to panels of white cardstock and then I stamped the flowers over top of the inked area. I then cut them out with the coordinating dies and mix and matched them on the card design to create a really colourful floral arrangement.


I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I adhered it above the flowers and then mounted the panel onto a black cardstock mat before adding it to the card base.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for more ideas using this months kit! :)

8 comments:

Christine said...

Love your card Stephanie! Super cute! 💜

Steph B said...

Pretty colours! Really lovely card!!

Unknown said...

I've got to try your inking technique! Love how it turned out! 💖

Unknown said...

Stephanie - You have a fun use of color on this card. Very nice.

~amy~ said...

So sweet, love this kit!

Purple Princess said...

So sweet!

Cindy said...

So cool to use the solid colors for each image!

Wanda R. said...

What a bright and colorful card. This kit is too fun!