April 28, 2017

My Favorite Things May Release Countdown | Day 5

Hello and welcome to day 5 of the My Favorite Things May release countdown! Over the next five days we'll be sharing peeks at all of the new products with various cards and projects using the new stamps and Die-namics and my new favourite stencil! ;)

For my card today I created a textured beach scene using the new Beach Scene Builder Die-namics. This card will also be part of the free online class that we offer with each release so watch for the downloadable PDF and the video for this card on release night! ;)


The Beach Scene Builder Die-namics makes it quick and easy to create beach scenes on your cards. I love that you can mix and match the elements for different looks every time.

The goal on this card was to create as much texture as possible so I used ink, glitter, wood paper, and texture paste to get the various looks. I love how it looks like the sun is shining down and making the water and sand look sparkly. ;)


Once I had the scene done, I decided that I wanted to add a playful element so I added a stamped cloud and sentiment along with a cute little turtle, all from new stamp sets coming out with the May release. ;)

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog today (and all week) to see all of the new products and more samples using them from the design team. All of the new products will officially be available in the MFT online store on Tuesday May 2nd at 9pm EST! 

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

11 comments:

Billie A said...

I'm so ready for summer.. I love your sunny beach theme. Great dies and paper choices. So darling

Colleen said...

Very cute, need this die set

~amy~ said...

How SWEET!

Dee said...

Terrific texture that makes you feel like your touching the sand on the beach and feeling the sun and wind!

Nandini said...

So sweet! Love the glittery water and sand.

Donna said...

I am all about the glitter. Nice Job.

Kate said...

Fabulous card!! The texture looks fantastic!!

Elaine said...

Like your card creation!

Unknown said...

What a fun card. Love the cute little turtle heading toward the coconuts on the beach. The sparkly sand and water are a nice touch.

Katia said...

much texture, is perfect!

Helen said...

Delightful card. . .like that glimmering look to the water. Thanks for sharing.