March 30, 2018

My Favorite Things April Release Countdown | Day 4


Hello and welcome to day 4 of the My Favorite Things April Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on April 3rd at 9pm EDT. And we're changing things up starting with this release and sharing all of the countdown posts at 9pm EDT each day!

And stay tuned for the week following each release - we're bringing you even more inspiration and ideas using all of the new products! 

For my card today I used the new Rain or Shine stamp set and paired it with the Horizontal Collage Cover-Up die to create a cute springtime scene.


I first created the background by adding Broken China Distress ink to an entire white card stock panel and then I did the same on a second panel with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. Once I had the Peacock Feathers one done, I also added a sunray detail with the Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil.

I die cut both of the panels with the Horizontal Collage Cover-Up die and adhered them onto a card base - I added the Broken China frame and then inlaid the Peacock Feather pieces so I would have the contrasting shades of blue in the background.


I stamped, coloured and die cut the images from the Rain or Shine stamp set, and then I adhered them onto the scene. I also added a sentiment stamped from the Aim for the Clouds stamp set and completed the card with the Studio Katia Clear Raindrop Mix for some fun dimension. 

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 4 of the April release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them.

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

4 comments:

Connie H. said...

This card is so precious! Love ❤️

Barb Kirkwood said...

Love your coloring, great inspiration. Thank you.

Laurie said...

Adorable! Love the coloring of this charmers raincoat, umbrella, and boots.

Purple Princess said...

So very adorable!!