May 02, 2017

My Favorite Things May Release Countdown | Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the My Favorite Things May release countdown! Over the next five days we'll be sharing peeks at all of the new products with various cards and projects using the new stamps and Die-namics and my new favourite stencil! ;)

For my card today I went with a bright rainbow look using the new Bold Stripes Cover-Up Die-namics. Creating a rainbow inked panel is so fun and easy with Distress inks and really makes an impact on the overall card design.


I added all of the inks to a white cardstock panel in rainbow order and made sure to blend into the next colour as I went so I didn't have an harsh lines in the inking. Once I had the panel completely inked up, I added water to it and dabbed it off with a paper towel to give it a distressed look and then I ran it through my die-cutting machine with the Bold Stripes Cover-Up.

I kept all of the pieces and put them onto my card base, but I added the diecut rectangles first, added a piece of vellum over them and then adhered the main diecut panel on top. This muted the lines under the vellum and made the top portion really stand out.


I used the new More Essential Sentiments stamp set to add a bunch of mixed sentiments onto the card front and then I added some clear sequins to complete the card design.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog today (and all week) to see all of the new products and more samples using them from the design team. All of the new products will officially be available in the MFT online store tonight at 9pm EST! 

See you tonight for the release!!

Supplies

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Love this, all the different colors and the sentiments are perfect

Dee said...

Gorgeous coloring that shows off an additional great use of the bold stripe die as a billboard!

Mrsfish02 said...

I love this cover in white. Your use of colors really seals the deal. Very nice work!

Unknown said...

I love this beautiful explosion of color. The bold stripes cover-up is perfect for this array of sentiments.

Billie A said...

Love the colors and the sentiments. fun card awesome die and words.

Linda Anderson said...

Love how the velum softens the rectangle strip and draws the eye to the words. Thanks for sharing the technique.