May 09, 2017

My Favorite Things Release Replay | May 2017

Hello and welcome to the Release Replay post for the May 2017 release from My Favorite Things. We're creating more cards and projects today using the products that were released last week as part of the May release.

For my card, I decided to use the new Square Peek-a-Boo Window Die-namics along with the new Square Shaker Pouches to create a shaker aquarium on my card.


I first cut the square shape from my white cardstock panel and then I used an ink blending tool and Peacock Feathers Distress ink to add blue to the panel to look like water. I also added the same ink to another panel and stamped some seaweed from the Exquisite Ocean and Mermazing stamp sets for the inside of the shaker.

I stamped a turtle and a fish from the Mermazing stamp set as well, coloured them and cut them out with my scissors. I glued them onto the background panel so they would remain still in the shaker card.


I added a square shaker into the top panel and then I added a few clear sequins before adhering the two panels together. I love how it looks like an aquarium in the middle of the card. I stamped the sentiment directly under the shaker square and I adhered the finished panel to a Grout Gray card base.

You can see more ideas from the design team using the newest release over on the MFT Stamps blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies

2 comments:

Sandra Bischoff said...

So great designed. Like a window to look into the great colored sea life.

Purple Princess said...

So super cute!