April 23, 2018

MFT April Card Kit Countdown | Day 1


Hello and welcome back! Today I have two more cards to share using the newest card kit from MFT called Stitched Blooms. This kit will officially be available tomorrow night at 9pm EST!

For my cards today I used the Stitched Flowers dies as a stencil instead of as die cut pieces. I die cut the whole grouping of dies from a panel of card stock twice so I would I fill the whole area with die cut flowers and leaves, and then I temporarily adhered it onto another white panel so I could apply ink through the panel.

I went with a rainbow look and used colors in rainbow order starting at the bottom of the panel. The card stock I was applying the inked design to is Bristol Smooth, so it takes the ink a bit differently than regular card stock because it has a bit of a coating on it.

So I ended up with a really pretty soft design on the bottom panel and I love the background it created. Once I was done stenciling, I realized that the regular white card stock that I had used as the mask looked beuaiful with all the rainbow ink colours. And since the card stock was Smooth White, the inks ended up being a lot more vibrant on it!

So I layered the mask piece over a white card stock panel and end up with two cards instead of just the original one I was working on. I added simple sentiments to both of them and really let the backgrounds be the focus.

I love that I was able to get two cards instead of just one and I love the difference between the ink intensity on each one.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you tomorrow night for the kit release!

Supplies

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I love a twofer :-) They are both gorgeous. It would be fun to make a bunch of different stencils with the flower dies in the kit.

Rachel Duong said...

This is such a great card. I love how you used the dies as stencils. Brilliant and such an awesome idea.

Purple Princess said...

Gorgeous backgrounds!!

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

Rainbowy goodness on both cards! Love the 2 for 1 deal for your efforts too! Curious, what inks did you use? I haven't noticed any of my inks giving different vibrancy results on bristol vs neenah... but then again, I'm not sure I've ever had them side by side like this :-)