July 08, 2017

My Favorite Things July Release Countdown | Day 4

Hello and welcome to day 4 of the July release countdown for My Favorite Things. All this week, we're sharing cards and projects using the new products that officially releases on July 11th at 9pm EST.

For my card today I used the new Happy Hippos stamp set and the new Celebrate Speech Bubble die to create a card with a bold sentiment.


I added colour to the speech bubble die with three coloirs of Distress ink (Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers) and then I adhered it to a white card stock panel that I had die cut with the stitched rectangle die from Blueprints 13.


I stamped, coloured and die cut one of the hippos and one of the birds from the stamp set and adhered them down on the bottom right side of the card. I love the cute bird sitting on the hippos head! ;-)

I finished the card by adding some sequins and then I adhered the panel to a top folding Grout Gray card base.

Make sure to head over to the MFT Stamps blog for more ideas using the new products from the design team. See you tomorrow for more countodwn fun.

9 comments:

Dee said...

Terrific combination of the celebrate speech balloon in beautiful colors and the perfectly colored hippo with a birdy its head!

Carol said...

Great gradient use of color in background and use of celebrate dies.

Elaine said...

Super cute card!

Helen said...

How clever to have the hippo and chickie combined with the big "celebrate" die cut. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Lagene said...

Great Release! CUTE card! I especially love the colors!

Kleri said...

Lovely card!Beautiful color combo!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

What a perfect blend of colors. This card is Beautiful!

Purple Princess said...

I just love that hippo!!

Lisa said...

Love that huge bubble with that cute little hippo and bird! Awesome card!