December 18, 2017

My Favorite Things December Card Kit - Furever Friends

Hello and welcome back! Today is the first day of the countdown to the My Favorite Things December card kit - Furever Friends.

This kit is awesome for anyone who loves cats and dogs because it has both! For my post today I'm sharing a card I created for today's episode of MFTv featuring one of the adorable cat and dog images from the stamp set.


I have wanted to create a magic color slider card for awhile now and thought this stamp set would be perfect. I wanted the cat to be the focus on the front and then have that same cat and a dog image on the inside when the slider piece goes up.


I added red hearts to both the inside and outside of the acetate piece, and I love how you can see them all together when the slider is open. I just think this is such a fun technique on a card when you go from the black and white image to the coloured one.


You can see how I created this card in today's episode of MFTv on the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.  Thanks so much for stopping by today - see you tomorrow for more countdown fun!

Supplies

12 comments:

sweet art designs said...

One word.....WOW!

Jackie Waxler said...

Cute critters. Great cards.

Sue G said...

This card is ingenious. Love it!

Wanda R. said...

Stephanie - your cards are always so unique and inspiring. What a great idea to go from a B&W image to a color one. Love it!

Unknown said...

Loving this cute card! Can't wait to play with this card kit!

Purple Princess said...

So cute!!

Joyce said...

Wow, you're killing my purse. MFT has the best ink on the market and their stamps and dies just keep getting better and better. Onward innovation!

Kati C said...

Just love this magic slider card!! I want to make one too!! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!!

Candy said...

I finally know who does the video's! You are great at explaining everything and you make adorable cards :o)

DonnaB said...

I really enjoy your videos. They do inspire me to make different things than I usually do. Thank you!

Lagene said...

AWWHHH, I love your magic slider card!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

There’s no way to resist such a cute card !