September 25, 2018

My Favorite Things September Card Kit Release


Hello and welcome to the My Favorite Things September card kit release party! The awesome new Filled with Joy card kit is available now at MFT Stamps! I love all of the fun elements in this month's kit and had so much fun creating with it!

For my card today I decided to create an ornament for the 'o' in the joy word but rather than use the actual ornament die, I decided to keep the 'o' in place and turn that into an ornament.

I die cut the word joy from white card stock and then used my Copic markers to colour them in. I created an ombre effect on them by keeping the bottoms darker and lightening them up towards the top and then I adhered them to my white card stock panel.

I added the ornament topper, cut from Silver Sparkle card stock to the top of the 'o' and added the ornament string as well.

To finish the card I stamped the rest of the sentiment onto a piece of black card stock, heat embossed with white embossing powder and then I added it to the panel under the die cut word.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for more ideas using the Filled with Joy card kit! Thanks so much for joining me for the release party! :)

23 comments:

Kelsey Thomas said...

So pretty. Love the clean and simple look. :)

Emily said...

Thanks for you videos and great instructions. You always make me think I can do these things.

Debbie Rumpza said...

Simple and pretty!

karenb said...

Very nice CAS card. :)

Purple Princess said...

So pretty!!

Mrsfish02 said...

CAS with all the punch... Love how you blend that ombre look. Really nice.

Donna Gibson said...

So festive yet simple! Great design for mass-producing holiday cards.

Linda Carson said...

A very classy and festive CAS!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Definitely sweet and gorgeous!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love how you did the ombre effect on the JOY! Such a great kit!

Erica Loscalzo said...

Good to make a simple card

mindy1414 said...

This Filled with Joy kit is so versatile. I love how clean and simple your card is but still packs a Christmas punch. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

Mary-Anne V said...

So many combinations can be created with this kit as you showed us...love it!

Heather said...

Simple and so pretty!! Great color combo.

Karthikha said...

Lovely card! :)

Arianna Barbara said...

Adorable card!!!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

What a great card! I love how you turned the 'O' into an ornament :)

Stacey Kowbel said...

Fabulous card! I love the ombre effect on your letter!

Sue D said...

Cute and pretty design.

Denise Bryant said...

So pretty! Love that 'o' ornament!

Patti H. said...

Love the clean simplicity of this pretty card!

Evergreen said...

lovely card

Laraine R said...

Pretty card!