February 02, 2019

MFT February Release Countdown | Day 3


Hello and welcome to day 3 of the My Favorite Things February Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on February 5th at 10am EST.

For my card today I used the new Birthday Cake Die-namics and created a colourful, rainbow birthday cake design!


I die cut all of the cake pieces from white card stock, and then I used my Copic markers to colour in each piece with a colour of the rainbow. For the flames at the very top, I used Silver Sparkle card stock.

I stamped a sentiment from the new Party Penguins stamp set onto black card stock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I adhered it to the card with foam adhesive and added a couple of clear gems for some added detail. 

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 3 of the February release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them.

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!
Supplies:

5 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am in LOVE with this fun cake!!!

Judy B said...

Love your bright and cheerful cake Stephanie. Thanks for sharing.

Dee said...

Yummy colored Cake!

Ginger Swearingen said...

Oh such a colorful birthday card. Love it!

lynda said...

Just using white scraps & coloring them is a great idea too!