November 07, 2017

My Favorite Things November Release Countdown | Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the My Favorite Things November release countdown. All of the new products that we've been sharing all week will be available tonight at 9pm EST!

For my card today I wanted to use the big Peace word to create a sentiment in a winter scene and have it blend into the background. I love doing that with large sentiments like this. I really wish I could get a better photo of it... it looks so pretty and peaceful in real life. :)


I really wanted to use the light post in the design but the sentiment and the light wouldn't both fit on a regular A2 sized card so I had to go a bit bigger so everything would fit.

I created the entire background with Copic markers, added the light post with liquid adhesive and then I die cut the word peace from the bottom and expanded on the sentiment using the Dashing Deer stamp set.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog to see the rest of the products being revealed today and to see more ideas from the design team using the new stamps and dies. The November release will be available tonight at 9pm EST!
 
See you then for the release party! :)

13 comments:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh my goodness !! That's such a fabulous card ! I would hang up on my wall !

Susi said...

Breath-taking card! Just a fantastic scene that elicits peacefulness, and inlaying the PEACE die-namics was the perfect idea!

Dee said...

You totally captures peace and calm- awesomely!

Dee said...

You totally captures peace and calm- awesomely!

Basiljen said...

Peace and serenity. Lovely!

karenb said...

Wow!!!

Billie A said...

Beautiful scene. I love your work. so peaceful and calm. Really warms the heart seeing this.

Kleri said...

This is stunning!I absolutely love it!Awesome coloring!You did an amazing job,Stephanie!Thank you for the inspiration!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Stephanie! I'm in awe of your beautiful background, and would love to see a video showing us how you did it :) I also love your inlaid die cut sentiment...such a striking design!

Nandini said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Purple Princess said...

Amazing card!! Just wow!!

Renee V said...

Stephanie any chance you could do a video for this card?? It's STUNNING!!!!!!! My favorite of yours :)

TeresaC said...

Stephanie!! Really lovely quiet peaceful card!! LOVE what you have done!!
:)