January 08, 2018

My Favorite Things January Release Countdown | Day 2

Hello and welcome to day 2 of the My Favorite Things January Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on January 9th at 9pm EST.

I bet you're not surprised to see more pink and red LOL! I don't usually use traditional colour palettes for Valentine's Day and love-themed projects, but I could not put these two colours down! :)

To make today's card, I first created an ombre inked panel with red distress inks. I started with the darkest red at the bottom and then blended that into a lighter red and lightened it up as I went up towards the left corner of the panel.


I used the Full of Heart Die-namics and die cut it from a white card stock panel to create the open grid of hearts, and then I die cut the whole panel with the largest die from the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2.


I layered the sentiment strip and a strip of both black & white patterned paper and silver sparkle card stock at the bottom of the panel, and then I added some sequins scattered around the card front for some added dimension.

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 2 of the December release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them. See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies:

6 comments:

Lagene said...

WOW, beautiful hearts card!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s a wonderful card ! I love this gradient panel of pink hearts !
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Purple Princess said...

Amazing!!

Billie A said...

Beautiful card and love the placement of the hearts and sentiment. Loving the black and white stripe. Beautiful.

berokke said...

I love it! Adding the bling just gives it a special look!

Kleri said...

Very nice card!tfs