May 17, 2018

5 Days to an Organized Crafty Stash | Stamps


Hello and welcome to a week-long organization event! I'm joining the My Favorite Things design team all this week to share our organization and storage ideas for all of our fun crafty supplies.


Each day we'll cover a different topic, and today we're talking about stamps. Stamps are one of my favourite supplies, and I like to keep them pretty organized so I know exactly where to find what.

First up is all of my MFT stamp sets. I keep them all on an aqua Billy bookshelf that I bought at Ikea a couple years ago. I think this exact colour is discontinued, but the general style is still available.  I have a bunch of Sterlite crates that fit perfectly on the bookshelf, 3 across and they hold all of my clear stamps and my red rubber background stamps.

My clear stamps make up three rows of the bookshelf, and the red rubber stamps fit along the top of the shelf. I was putting my background stamps in clear sleeves, but I actually prefer to leave them just as is and stack them inside the container with dividers separating the type of design - stripes, dots, geometric, etc...


All of my stamps are separated by dividers. I used a label maker and clear label tape to add the category title to a piece of card stock, and then I laminate them to make them stronger and able to hold up to constant handling. I love this system because it lets me customize the dividers to what works for me and I can just create more as needed.

I store all of the clear stamps in clear sleeves from My Favorite Things. My 4x6 sets go in these ones, and my 4x8 sets go in these ones.  I use my label maker to print out all of the stamp names (I use 12mm black on white label tape), and I add the label to the top left so I can easily find what I need. The white card stock backing sheet is just cheaper card stock that I buy in bulk and cut down to fit the pockets.

If any of my stamp sets have coordinating dies, I keep those in the same pocket as the stamps but tuck them in behind. I used to store them separately but have found over the years that this way is much more convenient.

Any of my non-MFT stamp sets are stored under my island on a shelf in clear Interdesign storage bins. I separate those ones by the manufacturer rather than the theme and do have some dies mixed in there as well. I don't have a lot of stamps and dies from others since I don't use them as often, but I love keeping the ones I have organized so I can find them often. These ones include The Ton, Lawn Fawn, Altenew, Ellen Hutson, Mama Elephant, Wplus9, Neat and Tangled, Hero Arts, etc...

I hope you enjoyed these crafty storage ideas for my stamp sets. I'll see you tomorrow for more organization fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Great organizing ideas, Stephanie! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Lindsey said...

Everything is so neat and tidy and organized and attractive. :) Right-brained me feels very overwhelmed. :P

Purple Princess said...

Great ideas!!

2 Greyhounds said...

Thank you! I am in the process of organizing my stamps and dies and this helps a lot. Yours look great!

Bernie F said...

Thank you Stephanie for sharing your organized space with us.... This is beautiful!!!

Bernie F said...

Thank you Stephanie for sharing your organized space with us.... This is beautiful!!!

Kim said...

These are terrific ideas! Thank you