June 13, 2018

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 389


Hello and welcome back! Today I have a card to share for the newest sketch challenge at the My Favorite Things Challenge blog. I loved the layout of the sketch this month but decided to turn it into a vertical card rather than a horizontal design.

I first created the inked sky section on a white card stock panel. I masked off a rectangle shape and used Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers Distress inks to add an ombre sky. Once I was done with the inking I removed the post-it tape and trimmed the panel down to 4" x 5 1/4".

I stamped, coloured and diecut one of the adorable sloths from the Sweet Sloths stamp set and used it as a guide to stamp my sentiment in two parts on a black card stock strip so I could have the sloths head hanging down over the greeting.  

I adhered the sentiment strip directly to the panel right under the inked sky and left a small space between the sky and the sentiment strip. I added the sloth with thin foam squares, trimmed off the edge of the branch and finished the card with some pink enamel hearts to match the flowers.

If you want to take part in this week's sketch challenge, head over to the Challenge blog for all the details! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Supplies:

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!!! I LOVE the shaded rectangle sky!!

Purple Princess said...

so cute! Love the sloth!