July 23, 2018

MFT July Card Kit Countdown | Day 1


Hello and welcome back to the My Favorite Things July card kit countdown! Today I have a couple of cards to share that both have the same design but one uses the stamps from the kit and one uses the dies. :)

For the stamped card I used a softer colour palette while still keeping a rainbow design. I have really been drawn to softer rainbow colours over bright ones lately, although don't get me wrong - I love the bright ones too! To make sure I didn't stamp the balloon strings on the sentiment, I used a piece of masking paper and covered it up each time I stamped.

For the die cut balloon, I used the brighter card stock colours from the kit and created the exact same design with a different sentiment. I love seeing the difference between the stamping and die cutting and soft colours versus bright.

You can see how I created these cards on the MFT YouTube channel (link in sidebar).

Make sure to head to the MFT blog for more ideas using the kit. See you tomorrow for the kit release! 

3 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with this kit, Stephanie! Super cute cards!

mindy1414 said...

Both cards are fun and festive, love them!

Purple Princess said...

Very fun and cute!!