October 10, 2018

My Favorite Things October Release | Just Add Color


Hello and welcome back! Today I have a card to share for the My Favorite Things blog called Just Add Color post. The design team will be sharing cards and projects from the newest release that feature coloring in some way.

For my project today, I created a card with the awesome new Cool Christmas stamp set and had fun colouring the images from the set in bright vibrant colours! I then turned it into a winter wonderland!

I stamped all of the images, coloured them in with Copic markers and then die cut them all with the coordinating dies. I love this car full of snowmen... it is so fun and playful! Once I had all of the images coloured, I created the background with Peacock Feathers Distress ink and then added white acrylic paint mixed with water over top for the snow.

I die cut the Open Road die and coloured it in with Copic markers and then I also die cut two snow drifts and added everything to the inked panel. I also added the white acrylic paint over the images and road since the snow would be falling in front of everything and not just behind.

The sentiment is stamped on white card stock and die cut with the Hearts in a Row - Horizontal die and then adhered flat to the card front.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! You can head over to the MFT blog for more ideas using the new October release.

Supplies:

4 comments:

Purple Princess said...

Very cute!!

BeverlyBL said...

Love your heavy snow. I’ll bet the snowmen love it too.😁

Judy said...

I love snowmen, and they are adorable driving this red car. Awesome card.

cathsamum said...

I'm so glad I purchased this set - so many great cards to inspire me! Thank you!