April 01, 2018

My Favorite Things April Release Countdown | Day 2


Hello and welcome to day 2 of the My Favorite Things April Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on April 3rd at 9pm EST. And we're changing things up starting with this release and sharing all of the countdown posts at 9pm EDT each day!

And stay tuned for the week following each release - we're bringing you even more inspiration and ideas using all of the new products!

For my first card today, I created a bright and colourful spring scene with the new A Tweet Hello stamp set and the new Birdbath Die-namics. 


I created the background panel by die cutting a stitched rectangle from white card stock and then I added blue distress ink with the Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil inked over the top. I added a bottom strip for the ground, and then I die cut and coloured the birdbath for the scene and added it to the panel.


I stamped, coloured and die cut the birds and a couple of leafy vines and added them to the card and then I finished it with the sentiment and come clear jewels.

For my second card, I used the same A Tweet Hello stamp set and combined it with the new Garden Gate Die-namics to create an outdoor scene similar to the first. For this one, I added brick detail along the sides and then adhered the gate in between to make them all look attached and then I added the birds to the scene.


I created the ground the same as I did on the first card but added green ink to this one to make it look like grass. I added some clear gems and the sentiment strip along the bottom to complete the card.


Thanks so much for joining me for Day 2 of the April release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them.

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Love them both, the dark grey birdbath is awesome

Unknown said...

I like the little dots for bird seeds on the first card. Both are very sweet.

Judy B said...

Oh my, your card is so cute. I love these little birdies and that bird bath! Thanks for sharing with us.

Wendi J said...

Cute. Like the bird seed.