April 06, 2018

My Favorite Things April Release | Techniques & Tutorials


Hello and welcome back! Today I have a card to share for a new monthly feature on the My Favorite Things blog called Techniques & Tutorials. The design team will be sharing cards with detailed instructions and step-by-step photos using products from the newest release.


For my card, I'm sharing a die cut inlay technique using the new Mom Die-namics and really putting the focus on the sentiment as a design element. 






The first step in creating this card is to die cut the word mom from a white 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card stock panel. Start with the center word first so you can use that one as a guide for spacing and placement on the second two.


On separate panels of card stock, add 3 colours of Distress inks to areas large enough to die cut the word, mom. Once you've inked the panels, add water splashes for a splotchy distressed look on the ink. Run all the panels through your die cutting machine with the same mom die you used on the white panel.



Trim down the white panel with the largest die from the A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1 and adhere it onto a Razzle Berry card base. Add glue to the inked letters and insert them into the die cut openings of each mom word. Don't forget to put the white centers back into the letter o's.


Once all of the letters are inlaid back into the panel, create the sentiment strip by stamping a sentiment from the All About Mom stamp set onto a black card stock strip with Versamark and heat embossing with white embossing powder.


Trim down the strip and add it to the center of the middle mom word.


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial featuring new April products and the die cut inlay technique. Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Purple Princess said...

Very cool design and technique!!

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com