April 02, 2018

My Favorite Things April Release Countdown | Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the My Favorite Things April Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on April 3rd at 9pm EST. And we're changing things up starting with this release and sharing all of the countdown posts at 9pm EDT each day!

And stay tuned for the week following each release - we're bringing you even more inspiration and ideas using all of the new products!

For my card today I used the new Cross-Stitch Rectangle die to create a card with a stitched owl design on it. I love the larger area to create fun new stitching patterns.


To create the card, I sketched out an owl design that would fit in the space on the die and then I stitched it with DMC thread. Once I had it completely stitched, I layered white card stock behind it and adhered it to a Summer Splash card base. Adding the white card stock behind just ensures that none of the blue card base shows through the holes.


To complete the card I die cut the largest frame from the Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames Die-namics 3 times and layered all three on top of one another. This frame is sized perfectly to fit around the Cross-Stitch Rectangle panel and really give a nice finished look to the design. I stamped a sentiment inside the card and left to front without one so I didn't cover any of the stitched owl image.

For my second card I used the new Star Graduate stamp set and created a graduation themed card. I paired it with the new Shooting Star die and the grad cap from the Tassel Time stamp set and created a colorful galaxy background.


I heat embossed the large sentiment onto the background panel and then I added distress inks until the entire background was covered. I then added water droplets to the background for a bit of a distressed look. 

I die cut the Shooting Star from silver sparkle card stock and added that to the background and then I stamped the graduation cap in the center of the star. I finished the card with a secondary sentiment stamped onto a black card stock strip and I also added some clear gems onto the card front.


Thanks so much for joining me for Day 1 of the April release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them.

See you tomorrow for the release!!

Supplies

9 comments:

Connie H. said...

Love both of your cards! The owl is so cute, bout not sure I could sketch out my own design. Awesome job!

Crafter Vicki said...

Stephanie, your owl card is super cute. Please post your cross stitch pattern for the owl online. As Connie H. posted, I am not sure I can make my own cross stitch design. The cross stitch die is on my list to purchase tonight.

JA said...

How many floss threads did you use?

Purple Princess said...

Great cards! I love the star die!!

Debbie Nelson said...

Love both cards!

Stephanie Klauck said...

It varies... on the owl one I used 4 strands but I like 4,5 and 6 LOL!

Bev Page said...

Hi Stephanie. Thanks for all the lovely cards showcasing the new products. Am totally in love with the little tortoise!!!!! Isn't it funny how you can fixate on one thing? Love all the new products but I think the little girl and boy in their raincoats and with their bright umbrellas on cards will brighten everyone's day. TFS.

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  

Unknown said...

Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr voodoo cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr voodoo the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348140120719 or email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr voodoo that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WHATSAPP +2348140120719