July 06, 2019

MFT July Release Countdown | Day 3


Hello and welcome to day 3 of the My Favorite Things July Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on July 9th at 10am EDT.

For my card today I created a colourful rainbow cake using the new Celebrate with Cake Die-namics. This die has so many fun layering elements that can be added to the cake, but I decided to just use one and create a repeated pattern.

I die cut all of the pieces from the new Over the Rainbow paper pad and layered them in rainbow order on the cake. I then die cut the Celebrate topper from Silver Sparkle card stock and added that to the top.

I decided it needed a stamped sentiment, so I used one from the Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set and stamped it directly under the cake. To add a little interest to the cake, I also added clear drops along three rows of the decorative trim. I love the subtle dimension it adds!

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 3 of the July release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them.

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!
Supplies:

4 comments:

Karen in Florida said...

I love your card! Anything done in rainbow colors is always so happy!
The silver "celebrate" is perfect as a topper. Knocked it outta the park again, Stephanie!

Kristen Snoozy said...

This is amazing! What a beautiful rainbow cake and the Celebrate on top almost looks like a candle topper

Rose Mary Smalley said...

What a happy card!!! Love the colors....such a great die this is....and thank you so much for sharing your pretty work.

Mrsfish02 said...

Gorgeous cake. I am anxious to get this paper pad too....